Your privacy is very important to us.
If you submit a help request or participate in any of the other services on the site that require personal information, we may request your name, location, phone contact number, email address and the support(s) you require in order to respond to your enquiries. We may also collect other personal information about you.
Here’s what we will and won’t do with your personal information:
- Our system administrator, a system connector and the provider organisation/s that are assigned your specific request (either for help or to help) can see your personal information.
- Information you provide will be stored and used by us to evaluate and improve ‘Here to help u’.
- We may also use information collected from you as non-identifiable, anonymous data to inform research and reporting that could help improve community services and service provision to New Zealand people at a local level.
- We may also use information collected from you as non-identifiable, aggregated, anonymous data for the purpose of promoting this free tool to New Zealanders.
- Your personal information will be used to follow up with you on your help request, or offer of help, and then assign your request to a provider to support you.
We may disclose your personal information to another party in the following circumstances:
- in anonymised form for statistical purposes
- when it is required by law
- to protect the rights of ‘Here to help u’
- to assign any help request you submit to ‘Here to help u’ to a provider that can help/support you,
- through cookies and tracking technologies
- to the provider who is assigned to support/help you. Your personal information will be made available for the above purposes.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, we will delete such information from our records.
We do not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to submit a help request or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site or it’s services.
If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information or do not wish to identify yourself when you submit a help request with ‘Here to Help U’, we’ll be unable to provide you with any services and /or support, including any updates to assist you.
Further personal information may be requested from you by a system connector for the purposes outlined above. However, this information is not compulsory for you to provide.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to applicable laws. These include rights in certain circumstances to:
- To request access to your personal information
- Ask for inaccurate personal information to be corrected.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact one of our team using our general enquiries form.
To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
Here to Help U
293 Grey St, Hamilton East
Where is the help needed?
*Currently we are available in the following areas. New areas and regions will be available soon.